About this provider
People helping people...it’s what we’re all about. For over seventy years, the Mental Health Association has contributed a gift of hope to our community... hope for individuals who are affected from mental illness and hope for their families affected by mental illness. Through support, education, & advocacy, the Mental Health Association in Atlantic County has reached thousands of people and provided hope for a better future.
An incredible resource in the state of New Jersey and the County of Atlantic. The MHA Team is vested in the interest of Consumers, Peers and Families alike. Reach out to them.
What kinds of services does MHAAC provide?
- Individuals Concerted in Effort (ICE) Wellness Program: Program that provides self-help groups that encourage personal empowerment & wellness.
- Peer Outreach Support Team (POST): Consumer-providers offer advocacy and peer counseling to mental health consumers in their communities.
- Family Member Support Programs (Intensive Family Support Services & Acute Care Family Program): These programs assist family members of persons with mental illness.
- Acute Care On-Call: 609-517-8614 ?Available 7 days a week 8am-8pm for families in crisis and receiving services from the acute care system.
- Too Much Stuff: In-home services for those living with hoarding disorder.
- Community Education: We provide talks, workshops, presentations and training on a myriad of mental health topics including Mental Health First Aid, Hoarding Disorder, suicide prevention, WRAP and much more.
Most services are without charge. Some community education programs have fees attached.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.mhanj.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and our Facebook page and notifies you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on these sites. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. for additional information or registering for an MHANJ educational seminar or event.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your contact information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Mental Health Association in New Jersey, INC (MHANJ) makes every effort to post accurate and reliable information, however, it does not guarantee or warrant that the information on this Website is complete, accurate or up-to-date. This Website is intended solely for electronically providing information and convenient access to resources. All information is subject to change at any time without notice.Links to external websites are limited to State and Federal agencies and/or State and federally funded local programs. The existence of a link to any of these programs shall not constitute an endorsement of such program by the MHANJ.Unless otherwise noted on an individual document, file, Web page or other item, MHANJ grants user’s permission to reproduce materials published by MHANJ on this Website so long as MHANJ is noted as the source, and the date the Web page was accessed, along with the date of publication of the material cited, is noted. All copyright and other proprietary notices must be retained in the same form and manner as on the original and the contents may not be modified in any way. The user agrees to abide by all additional restrictions provided on this site as it may be updated from time to time.